01. Welcome to Nature Center Magazine. We are all anxious to learn a little bit about you. Tell us what your blog is all about.
Some Assembly Required is about the ups and down of daily life with two Dalmatians and a lot of difficult advertising clients.
02. Everyone has their own unique story about what gave them the idea to start blogging. What is yours?
I'm an advertising writer by trade. I thought that the discipline of forcing myself to write something each and every day might improve my writing a bit. It has.
03. What do you enjoy about nature and what benefits do you derive from it?
Most of my interaction with nature is visual. I take a camera with me and photograph what I see. I think I am a much better observer after fifteen years of doing this.
04. Each of us has our own way of being with nature. Some people hike, some take pictures, and some climb trees. How do you experience nature?
I walk two Dalmatians five to six miles a day. Much of what I experience is through their eyes and their reactions to what we encounter.
05. Tell us about the most exciting or scary nature related thing that ever happened to you.
We were almost struck by lightning once. We have been stung by a swarm of bees. The dogs were attacked by a loose pit bull once and Dash was almost killed. I try to avoid scary things, but they are out there.
06. If you were to take us on a nature tour of your area where would you take us first?
White Rock Lake Park.
Describe what we would see.
It is a huge urban wildlife preserve near my house that is home to 33 types of mammals, including bobcats, red foxes and minks. The park is also home to 54 varieties of reptiles, 20 different kinds of amphibians and at least 217 species of birds.
07. If you could visit any nature spot in the world, what would it be? Tell us why.
Antarctica. Most of my life is fairly sedate and measured. I would like to see some of earth's extremes.
08. Each blogger has gained their own insight into writing a blog.What have you learned that you would like to share with other bloggers?
My blog is essentially about my day-to-day life. By continuously recording everything that happens to me for almost 1000 days, I have learned that my life is actually much more interesting than I thought it was.
09. Where can our readers find you? Give us the name and a link to your blog. If you have more than one to share, we would all like that too.
The Some Assembly Required blog can be found at: http://john-sealander.blogspot.com/
10. Is there anything we have not discussed that you would like to add?
Oh, I'm sure there is. I'll think of what it is right after I hit the send button...