What Am I?
01. I am most recognized by my rear end.
02. I am native to the Americas.
03. I have a broad triangular head and vertical cat-like pupils.
04. My young are born live.
05. When I am born I have a pre-button. Every time I shed my skin I add another button.
06. I eat mice, rats, birds, and other small animals.
07. I hibernate with others of my kind in the winter. Sometimes more than 1,000 of us are hibernating in one pit.
08. I have fangs that are like retractable hypodermic needles. When I bite I use them to inject my victim with venom.
09. When I rapidly shake my tail, the buttons on it rub together rapidly to give a warning sound like a rattle.
10. My bite is seldom fatal to humans but everyone needs to learn what to do if I do bite.
What am I?