01. I am native to Brunei, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
02. I am rich in nutrients. Some are protein, Vitamin C, many of the B vitamin complex, manganese, copper, iron, magnesium, and potassium.
03. I have medicinal benefits. I am high in dietary fiber so I have a laxative effect. I also adhere to cancer causing elements in the colon. I have high amounts of tryptophan also known as nature's sleeping pill. It helps produce chemicals known for inducing sleep and for the treatment of epilepsy.
04. My flesh is soft and easily digestible. It has simple sugars like fructose and sucrose as well as simple fats to energize instantly. I am sometimes used to treat underweight children. Even though I am high in fat content, I am free of cholesterol.
05. I grow in a round or oval hard spiny shell. I can be as large as a football.
06. To harvest me you must not pick me. Let me fall from my tree and then gather me.
07. A 19th century British naturalist described my flavor as "a rich custard highly flavored with almonds".
08. Many hotels refuse to serve me or even to allow me on their premises.
09. I stink. My odor has been compared to many bad smelling things, such as rotting onions, dirty gym socks, or turpentine. Some descriptions are even worse.
10. Botanists are developing varieties of me that are odorless. Some have developed a variety that doesn't smell bad for three days. That allows for transportation but gives those who want my distinctive odor what they desire.
What am I?
I think I know what you are, but it just won't come to me. Maybe by next week I'll have the name. I will not cheat by googling it. Yet!ReplyDelete
I must say that I encourage googling. I have learned much about many things just by snooping around on the internet. But I applaud your sense of competition. It will come to you, I am sure.Delete
Durian..though honestly I'm not sure how to say it out loud...lolReplyDelete
This is another good guess but is it the correct guess? Tune in next week.Delete