01. I have a bill and webbed feet.
02. I have horny spurs inside my hind leg ankles.
03. I live near fresh water.
04. If I am a male my horny spurs are venomous.
05. I have a wooly coat.
06. If I am a female I lay from 2 to 4 soft, leathery eggs at a time.
07. After two weeks the young hatched from the eggs drink milk provided by the mother.
08. I have a broad flat tail.
09. I am a bottom feeder, eating insects, larvae, shellfish, and worms.
10. In 1798 my pelt and a sketch of me was sent to Great Britain. Everyone concluded that I must be a hoax.
WHAT AM I?
This is a proper guess. Make sure to check next Tuesday's post to see if you are correct.Delete
I agree with SquirrelQueen, probably a platypus :-)ReplyDelete
Another proper guess, even if it is the same as the other one. I hope you check next week to see if you are right.Delete
The unusual narowed it down for me-platypus.ReplyDelete
Are there no people who are willing to risk a different answer? Next week will tell.Delete
I am amazed that everyone is making the same guess. I wonder if you are all right or all wrong.Delete