What Am I?
01. I have a bill and webbed feet.
02. I have horny spurs inside my hind leg ankles.
03. I live near fresh water.
04. If I am a male my horny spurs are venomous.
05. I have a wooly coat.
06. If I am a female I lay from 2 to 4 soft, leathery eggs at a time.
07. After two weeks the young hatched from the eggs drink milk provided by the mother.
08. I have a broad flat tail.
09. I am a bottom feeder, eating insects, larvae, shellfish, and worms.
10. In 1798 my pelt and a sketch of me was sent to Great Britain. Everyone concluded that I must be a hoax.
WHAT AM I?